News: Ofsted changes
will impact Colleges
Ofsted have recently released details of the changes to inspections from September 2015 and this will have an impact on colleges.
As you will be aware the changes follow the Ofsted consultation ‘Better inspection for all’, and will affect early years provision, schools, further education and skills. The three key areas to be aware of include:
- Common Inspection Framework – the introduction of a common inspection framework for all early years settings on the Early Years Register, maintained schools and academies, non-association independent schools and further education and skills providers
- Short Inspections – these will apply to further education and skills providers that were judged good at their last full inspection. These short inspections will be conducted approximately every 3 years
- Changes to Ofsted’s Inspection Workforce – from September 2015 Ofsted will contract directly with inspectors for educational institutions including further education and skills inspections
Detailed below are links to the latest Ofsted documentation which you might find useful:
- Guidance on the changes to inspection from September 2015
- The Future of Education Inspection – Understanding the changes
- Common Inspection Framework
CollegeiP customers can rest assured that the software will support the new Common Inspection Framework from September 2015.
Find out more
Talk to our team today to find out how Derventio Education software can support you and your colleagues.Contact Us