School Business Managers (SBMs) are, more so than ever, an integral part in ensuring schools perform effectively. The National Association of School Business Management (NASBM) wants to recognise the impact SBMs have on schools and have created a set of standards comparable to those already available to other staff in schools. As soon as these standards are available, they will be embedded into the SchooliP software allowing SBMs to:
- Utilise the School Business Managers’ Standards for self-reflection within the target setting process.
- Collect evidence to support the attainment of the standards, held within a centralised system. The system has the capability to store years worth of evidence so the evidence you need is always available.
- Allows SBM to self rate with tailored ratings, which line managers can then appraise.
- Access comprehensive reports in relation to the standards, initiating the process of improvement and engagement.
The DFE’s 2013 review of ‘Efficiency in the Schools System’ outlined that a key influencing factor that was linked to the most efficient schools was that they employ, or have access to, an experienced School Business Manager (SBM) who facilitates a leadership role within the school.
A major priority for NASBM in 2015 was the development of a suite of professional standards for school business management professionals.
Those standards are intended to:
- Set out the core and specialist areas of competence required to be successful in the school business management professional role;
- Assist those currently working in, or aspiring to work in, the school business management profession to perform their role as expertly as possible;
- Set out the content of both initial and continuing professional development for those entering or developing their career in the profession;
- Provide a framework for the development of qualifications and other professional recognition for school business management professionals.
The standards are to be released at the NASBM 2015 Conference on Wednesday 18th November.
Find out more
Talk to our team today to find out how Derventio Education software can support you and your colleagues.Contact Us